Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: David Tom, Interim Elections Division Manager
(Redwood City, CA) November 1st, 2016 is the final day that registered voters may request a Vote by Mail ballot to be delivered to you by mail for the November 8, 2016 Presidential General Election. The deadline ensures that there is enough time for postal delivery. After November 1, all requests for a Vote by Mail ballot must be made in person at one of the County’s Voting Centers.
“More than 63% of San Mateo County’s registered voters have signed up to vote by mail in the upcoming November election,” said Mark Church, San Mateo County’s Chief Elections Officer and Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder. “Voting by mail provides voters with a convenient alternative to voting at a busy polling place on Election Day,” he added.
To Request a Vote by Mail Ballot on November 1, 2016 for Mail Delivery
Registered voters may still request a Vote by Mail ballot on November 1 by using any one of four request options:
- Complete the application form on the back cover of your Sample Ballot & Official Voter Information Pamphlet and fax it to 650.312.5348, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare a written request, with your signature, stating your full name, residence address, mailing address (if different from your residence address), date of birth, and the name and date of the election for which the Vote by Mail ballot is requested (November 8, 2016 Presidential General Election.) Fax or email the request to the Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402. Fax to 650.312.5348 or email email@example.com.
- Submit your request online through the request form tool that can be accessed via the “Check my Registration/Access My Election Materials/View My Sample Ballot Pamphlet” link at www.shapethefuture.org.
- Request a one-time Vote by Mail ballot over the phone by calling the Registration & Elections Division at 650.312.5222.
To Request a Vote by Mail Ballot After November 1, 2016
All requests for a Vote by Mail ballot after November 1, 2016 must be made in person at one of the County’s three Voting Centers:
- Registration & Elections Division
40 Tower Road, San Mateo
- Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder’s Office
555 County Center, First Floor, Redwood City
- South San Francisco Public Library
840 West Orange Avenue, South San Francisco
Voting Center Hours of Operation
- Weekdays: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 5, 2016: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 8, 2016 (Election Day): 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Returning Your Voted Ballot
You may mail in your voted ballot to the Registration & Elections Division or you may deliver it in person to any Voting Center or city/ town hall in the county.
24-Hour Drive-Up Drop Box
The Registration & Elections Division also has a drive-up 24-hour drop-box in its parking lot for your convenience. The drop box, polling places and Voting Centers will close at 8 p.m. on Election Day.
Voted Mail Ballot Deadline
To be counted, voted mail ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and physically received no later than Monday, November 14, 2016.
For more information on the November 8, 2016 Presidential General Election, please call 650.312.5222, visit www.shapethefuture.org or follow @smcvote on Twitter.
The press release is displayed in its original format. San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections website now resides at www.smcacre.org
Redwood City, CA 94063-1665
Redwood City, CA 94063-1665