Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Asst. Chief Elections Officer & Asst. Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
(Redwood City, CA) Mark Church, Elections Officer and Assessor-County Clerk Recorder announced that the San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division will mail ballots today to registered voters in the Millbrae School District for the May 2, 2023 Special Mail Ballot Election. This mailing will also contain the Voter Information Pamphlet for the special election, which will only include one measure for the jurisdiction.
The Registration & Elections Division at 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, will serve as a Vote Center for early voting, opening Monday, April 3.
Hours of operation for voting beginning on April 3 are as follows:
- Weekdays, April 3 through May 1, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 2, Election Day, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Two outside Official Ballot Drop Boxes will be available to voters from April 3 until Election Day, May 2 at 8 p.m.:
- Millbrae City Hall, 621 Magnolia Avenue, Millbrae
- Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo
Voters are encouraged to check the status of their ballot online:
- “Where’s My Ballot?” from when it is sent to you until it is received and counted. Sign up at WheresMyBallot.sos.ca.gov. Alerts for ballots returned to Official Drop Boxes may not go out on the same day as deposited.
- Go to “My Election Info” on smcacre.org/elections to confirm when the San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division received and accepted your voted ballot.
Voters interested in having replacement Vote by Mail ballots should make the request by April 25, 2023, to ensure the ballots arrive on or before Election Day.
Voters may view their Voter Information Pamphlet online in either PDF or accessible format by visiting smcacre.org/elections and clicking “My Election Info.” Voters with visual impairments may access a screen-readable version of the pamphlet by visiting smcacre.org/elections and clicking “My Election Info.”
To be counted, mailed ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day, May 2, 2023, and received no later than Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
Voting Period Begins on April 3 and Ends on May 2
For more information on the May 2, 2023 Special Mail Ballot Election, please call or text 650.312.5222, visit www.smcacre.org, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram @smcvote.